We believe in investment, not expense.
About Capital Building Services Group, Inc.
Capital Building Services Group has provided industry-leading commercial cleaning services to retail, corporate, commercial, industrial, banking and educational venues since 1987. We have achieved this through a focus on customer intimacy, maintaining a value-driven culture, utilizing quality people, developing innovative processes and producing consistent results.
- We specialize in providing janitorial and building maintenance services to soft-good and grocery retailers, industrial facilities, schools and banking facilities in 26 states
- We are committed to hiring and retaining the best team in the industry and we can prove it
- From our on-site employees to our field management to our corporate leadership, we strive to learn the details of our customers’ businesses so that we can provide the highest standard of proactive service, helping to address—and hopefully prevent—the challenges they face each day
- We believe in transparency, accountability and communication to ensure deep and rewarding business partnerships with our customers
- We continually invest in our core business processes to provide as close to 100% up-time, all the time as possible
- We provide our customers with the latest sustainable cleaning and janitorial products and processes, ensuring safe and healthy working environments as well as protecting the environment for future generations
To lead the building services industry through a focus on customer intimacy. We will accomplish this by maintaining a value-driven culture which takes ownership of our customers’ challenges, utilizing quality people, developing innovative processes and producing consistent results.
Capital has provided industry-leading building maintenance services to retail, corporate, commercial and industrial businesses of all types since 1987. Our commitment to you is proven daily through our people, processes and consistent results. These consistent results have allowed us to experience aggressive growth while maintaining a 95% customer retention rate.
1. Integrity – All decisions and actions shall contain sound, honest and fair judgment.
2. Customer Driven – Our customers’ expectations shall minimally be met and regularly exceeded.
3. Quality – Regardless of frequency or task, customer or coworker, only top quality will be delivered.
4. Personnel Development – Our people will be provided with the tools to perform and advance their skills as a person and employee.
5. Responsibility – To err is human. We will answer and be accountable for our errors.
6. Financially Sound – All decisions and actions must be both morally sound and complement the financial health of the company.
Capital Building Services Group has provided industry-leading commercial cleaning services to retail, corporate, commercial, industrial, and educational business venues since 1987. We have achieved this through a focus on customer intimacy, by maintaining a value driven culture which takes ownership of our customers’ challenges, utilizing quality people, developing innovative processes and producing consistent results.
Capital has assumed an aggressive posture in the Midwest since incorporation in 1987. We were placed on Inc. Magazine’s 500 list for 121st fastest growing privately held company in the nation and currently have a presence servicing more than 300 facilities in 26 states.
We have serviced some of the nation’s most respected retailers, corporations and educational facilities. Our largest retail clients have been partners with us ranging from nine to more than 20 years because we’re consistent with meeting expectations and flexible enough to align with our customers’ ever changing needs. We maintain an average customer retention rate of 95%. Any start-up transition would be seamless as we have become proficient at large, multi-location, multi-state start ups working with our national partners, such as launching 140 locations within 30 days in multiple states.
Over the years, we have built an operations model that is dynamic and includes a proactive management system that manages and measures quality of daily tasks on non-daily projects, continually building strategies to improve individual worker skills while at the same time fostering opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings shared with our customers. We constantly train our staff and promote health and safety in the workplace with a dedicated corporate safety committee ensuring all locations are compliant. We invest in open and honest communication with employees and customers through multi-level channels that drive continuity, consistency and historically our success in this industry.
We believe Capital is the best value solution for your janitorial needs. We’re not the largest contractor you’ll speak with, but we offer all the depth and resources of a very large organization while excelling in guaranteed personalized service from top level executives who will drive and manage strategic initiatives and relationship in our business partnership.
Capital is the Best Value Solution
Day in, day out, performance is what counts in our industry. That’s why we strive to meet or exceed our customers’ needs and earn their trust as their preferred value-added cleaning and janitorial partner. We believe we offer the best value in the industry for these reasons:
- 95% Customer Retention achieved through a proven model and track record for delivering consistent quality to large Regional Corporations and National Retail Brand Stores. We’ve accomplished this using a formula for smooth transition start-ups and our program for continual improvement.
- Proactive systems in place to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. (Capital Cleaning College Training Program) (Total Quality Management Program) (Employee Motivation & Recognition Program)
- Capital Shareholder Driven Customer Relationships The executives in this company are committed to driving the relationship with each account. A shareholder is assigned to every key account. This ensures “big picture” strategic alignment with customers at all times.
- Capital Self-Performs 100% of our work. This provides for competitive pricing and physical control over hiring standards and service execution.
- In-house Equipment Repair Model Capital self performs equipment repairs on all equipment within 24 hours and has a preventive maintenance program in place.
- Best Practices Policies Capital will continuously pursue new technologies and programs to enhance performance and effectiveness with administrative and operational processes and share in the benefit of cost savings opportunities with our clients.
- Employee Screening All employees are screened for SS# validity and criminal background before job site placement.
- Capital Provides Diverse Services We offer a diverse group of additional services such as, post construction cleaning, pressure washing, window washing, concrete ceiling, temporary labor, and more.
- Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction is offered through our unique “Performance Guarantee”, where service is done correctly the first time, or we perform the service again to customer satisfaction.
We want to earn your trust.
Trust isn’t something you’re given. It’s earned—by hard work, by doing what you say you’re going to do, by doing it well time and time again. It’s how we do business.
We believe in building relationships with our partners based on the following commitments:
- We will always hire the best possible employees. We can provide personnel audits on a continual basis.
- We will invest time into learning your business so that we can respond to, and potentially help prevent, problems when they arise
- We will maintain constant quality. We audit and report on our work on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, which includes performance, attendance and any corrective actions.
- We will continually invest in our goal of 100% uptime all the time. We self-perform all equipment maintenance and repairs and also self-perform 95% of all services.
- We will provide our customers with the most advanced green cleaning materials and equipment, always with an eye on the most sustainable and eco-friendly processes possible.
100 % Up-time all the time isn’t a goal.
It’s a way of doing business.
At Capital Building Services, we examine, measure, refine and train to best practices each and every day. Why? Because we believe that our ability to deliver quality results without delay is paramount to retaining your business.
When quality is priority No. 1, embrace the audit system. Capital’s Total Quality Assurance guarantee.
Most companies will undergo audits of performance on a periodic basis. Good performance is underscored, opportunities are identified and improvement areas are documented. At Capital, we believe a week is too long to wait for improvement. That’s why we have Total Quality Assurance, a unique, self-governing system that we use to meet the highest standards—ours.
Throughout our operating territory, our field management organization performs daily, weekly and monthly audits of every facility we maintain. Facility supervisors make daily inspections, documenting through a unique checklist jobs that were done well, and, ones that need improvement. Any rectifications identified through the audit are made within one day and checked the following day. Weekly audits are performed by territory managers with the facility supervisor, and ensure that all maintenance actions are done to Capital standards. Finally, monthly audits are done with our customers. This is a chance to review new services, adjustments to existing work or to provide specific feedback.
Depending on your preferences, we provide you with each level of our self-audits, as well as the monthly summary. Capital’s Total Quality Assurance guarantee means that you have the information you need, when you need it, to feel good about your maintenance investment.
Green Cleaning and Sustainability
Capital provides any level of sustainability service that our customers require. We have experience in cleaning large corporate facilities, retail environments and educational facilities, dayside cleaning and have integrated a variety of environmentally friendly equipment and supplies such as low-decibel hepa vacuums, micofiber rags, auto scrubbers with electronically charged water technology, low moisture carpet extractors, no-touch restroom cleaning systems, green seal chemicals, and RTD chemical dispensers that provide appropriate chemical to water ratios. Sustainability of a green cleaning program revolves around execution, training and commitment. We have nationally recognized partners that provide the latest green chemicals and programs, providing ongoing training and systems to ensure the latest possible sustainable programs.
In-House Equipment Repair
Capital self-performs equipment repair on all equipment with a 24-hour turnaround time, regardless of repair or replacement. A periodic preventive maintenance program also ensures that all of our employees are armed with the best possible equipment to perform daily tasks within the scope of work and expectation without any downtime to our customers.
The Best Tools, Supplies and Equipment
Capital believes in using only the best, most productive lines of equipment and supplies. We are always testing new state of the art equipment and chemicals that promote efficiency, workplace and environmental safety. Some of our vendor partners include Tenant and Diversey.
Superior Service and Attention for Your Unique Business
Your business is unique, and you deserve a service partner who will take the time to recognize, learn and absorb the needs you have. At the heart of making that partnership work is the ability to communicate and stay current on everything happening with your account, in addition to having a dedicated team that’s motivated and held accountable for their performance on your account.
That’s why we provide the following communication and incentive processes for each account:
- Customized Customer Email Address – Each customer will have a personalized email address to enhance communication between the client and operations team. The email address will copy all levels of management including the Area Manager, District Manager, VP of Operations, and Operations Coordinator. This will ensure all requests and/or concerns are monitored by the entire team. A response will be generated within the hour and will be copied to the entire operations team.
- Employee Motivation – Each Area Manager will select an “account of the month” within their territory on a monthly basis following the approved criteria. The Area Manager will plan a recognition lunch with the entire staff on a predetermined date. The customer will be invited to the lunch and can attend based on availability. Each employee will also receive a personalized “Thank You” card by mail. Lastly, a “account of the month” certificate will be awarded to the staff and displayed in the janitorial closet as a reminder to their achievement.
- Project Schedules – A monthly project schedule will be presented to each customer to document when all non-daily tasks will be performed. The Site Supervisor will manage and confirm completion of each task and will signed off on a monthly basis. This will ensure all non-daily work is completed per the scope of work and communicated in advance to accommodate any scheduling conflicts.
Capital’s Emergency Response – There When You Need Us
An advantage of Capital’s emergency response program is our concentrated staffing in your area of the Midwest. This means we’ll readily have management available to activate and mobilize an emergency response crew to your business. The crew will be comprised of off-shift cleaning teams from your property, as well as the project crews. We will assign a portion of the crew to be “on call” for emergency response during their off hours. Those team members “on call” assignments will be on a rotation basis so that no one employee is overburdened. Using off shift employees will allow Capital to provide emergency response with crews familiar with your facility
The Capital Emergency Responses Process:
- Customer Emergency
- Capital Office – Called 24-hours a day
- Regional Operations Manager – Paged by office
- Emergency Response Staff Notified
- Crews Respond to Customer’s Facility
Finding the Best Staff
For each new engagement, Capital locates and makes arrangements with local organizations within the local community to screen and provide candidates for employment. These local groups include community affairs groups, churches and ethnic organizations. Using these sources, we have been very successful in filling our personnel requirements, even in areas where difficulty is the hiring norm.
Another source of employment candidates comes from current employees. We regularly ask our employees to sponsor individuals for employment. In geographic areas where hiring is difficult, we provide a cash incentive for referrals who are hired and stay with the company for a measured period of time.
All janitorial personnel will be subject to the following screening process:
- Interview with recruiting director
- Interview with operations manager
- Reference check
- Verification of authorization to work in the United States
- Background checks, including: National Theft; County Criminal; Sex Offender watch lists; Terrorist Watch Lists; DMV search as needed
- Completion of all Capital training courses
Electronic Time and Attendance, and On-boarding
Each Capital employee uses our real-time, web based electronic system to check-in and out of each facility. It reliably collects manages and processes employee time and attendance, tracking tardiness or absences while electronically notifying field managers with alerts to respond immediately. Employees use personal security codes to use the system and caller ID ensures correct location.
We assemble these records into a report that we can deliver to you daily, weekly or monthly, depending on your preferences. It’s a transparent way of doing business and a necessary component in maintaining a solid partnership.
We also use an electronic data collection system to hire or re-hire employee documentation that efficiently captures, processes and retains all documentation, eliminating human error.
Building the best team in the industry.
We have a little different approach to customer satisfaction. We believe that we build your satisfaction from the inside out by attracting, training and retaining the best possible people. People who know the meaning of doing a job right and well the first time. People whose commitment to quality doesn’t waiver from day to day. People who expect as much from themselves as their customers do. People who want a career, not just a job.
From every level of the company, we’re committed to making Capital an outstanding place to work.
We maintain a stringent training program to continuously expand the company’s reach and professionalism in every aspect and level of the business organization. In addition, we communicate regularly and recognize excellence at every chance throughout every level of the company.
Constant improvement results from constant training in the best people.
The Capital Total Quality Assurance guarantee works because our employees continuously participate in training in the latest maintenance methods, materials, and equipment.
We start by recruiting the highest quality employees who have a personal commitment to quality, integrity, and reliability. We constantly reinforce these characteristics by providing team members with goals, trusting them to perform their jobs to the highest standards, measuring their accountability for maintaining those standards, and recognition for achieving them.
Capital has created a comprehensive 9 Point Task Training program that focuses on cross-training of all employees. The training program consists of step-by-step process training of all tasks performed in your facility. Examples of the tasks are sweeping, scrubbing, restroom cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, carpet cleaning, etc. Training of these tasks are provided by the Area Managers to all employees on a weekly basis to focus on one task per week. Each employees signs an acknowledgement of the training performed and filed in their personnel file for documentation. At the end of 9th week the cycle starts again and continues year round.
Often in conjunction with our suppliers, we conduct regular field training sessions to ensure our employees have the latest information and technique on topics ranging from day-to-day tasks like floor cleaning to blood-borne pathogen protocols. In addition to the field sessions, we conduct periodic in-depth training events at our corporate office where our employees have an opportunity to spend more time on new services and equipment to ensure that quality standards are met from day one.
We also invest in the latest equipment, and perform all maintenance and repairs of our equipment ourselves. That contributes to our goal of 100% up time all the time.
President of Operations
Oscar started his career in the janitorial industry in 1995. Through the last 17 years, Oscar has successfully managed operations in retail, commercial, industrial, and educational facilities. He is excellent in strategic planning, project management, large start-up and problem solving. Through the years, Oscar has been successful following his core values of integrity, quality control, communication and team building.
Find Oscar’s Profile and Connect with him on his Linkedin Profile.
Director of Administrative Services
Amy has over 20 years of Administrative experiences across several industries. She joined the Capital team in 2010 and has been charged with ensuring that all administrative aspects of the business run smoothly. She takes pride in her ability to improve processes and manage workflows in a way that promotes accuracy and efficiency.
Find Amy’s Profile and Connect with her on her Linkedin Profile.
“I just wanted to share a quick note and let you know that you guys do a really good job. I’m glad I decided to work with Capital!”
– Anonymous –
Everything we do needs to play its part in contributing to your bottom line. From ensuring a healthy, clean work space, to presenting an immaculate shopping environment, to making the first day in the new building exceptional, we are committed to being the trusted, resource that makes the condition of your facility an investment into your business’ success.